I got one of these when I was younger; one that used to belong to my Aunt. I don't see them around these days, but I think they are great. You get small pockets to place earrings and necklaces so that they do not tangle and a center area for whatever else - I fit quite a lot. I lined the inside with a velvety-ish fabric; I love the contrast with the linen. Full tutorial after the jump.
- At least two 15" squares of your outside fabric (I used linen)
- At least two 9" squares of your inside fabric (I used one square linen, one velvety)
- Draw-string cord
- Disappearing ink marker
- Scrap of fusible interfacing
- A sewing machine that can make button holes
- Pins, scissors and the like...
STITCH & SNIP
MAKE DRAW-STRING TUBING
Then create an outline for a circle with a 1.5" radius from the center. Stitch this and continue to stitch smaller and smaller rings. This makes your bag's base - this got a little wonky for me.
Let's go somewhere!